Steel bars and Rods are one of the main components of the manufacturing industry that relies on machinery. It is because of its versatile application, you can find it in the epicenter of most engineering industries.
Every building or house you go into will have some sort of steel product there. From the tiniest zipper to the huge skyscraper, it is an essential part of modern life. We provide the best Steel Bars and Rods.
It is the strongest and sustainable material out in the market for construction material out there. And has a long life cycle. With that in mind, there are several uses of it in most industries. Let’s discuss it in detail.
Uses of Steel Bars and Rods
- It is used for structural and aesthetic purposes across all kinds of industries such as automotive, construction, textile, aerospace, and many more.
- Used in architectural design and engineering as it is easily welded. It gives an attractive finish and low maintenance.
- Food grade production environments and utensils.
- Household items like kitchen accessories, cutlery, cookware, and fixtures. It does not hinder the flavor of the food.
- It is used in medical supplies, machinery, and surgical hygiene tools. It is because it is easily sterilized and corrosion-resistant.
- Chemical or marine vessels, for example, Crude Oil is highly corrosive. Use it because of its high strength, other construction equipment like storage tanks, valves, Pipes, and other components.
- Oil or Gas pipelines and platforms.
- Transport, and automotive components, ship containers, road tankers, and refuse vehicles.
- Flat steel bars are used when it is not exposed to natural elements like underground stations, lifts, and escalators.
- Hexagonal Bars are designed to carry weight and are used in construction industries.
- Renewable energy, including hydro, solar, and wind power, also uses steel components. It is because it can withstand the highly corrosive seawater environment.
- Other industries also use Steel Bars and Rods, such as the military industry for making equipment, the paper industry, and the shipbuilding industry.
Why are Steel Bars and Rods Used?
Steel bars are high in strength and non-reactive to any substance. The prime use is to provide and add an extra layer of reinforcement to concrete structures. It is because they are very strong, affordable, and versatile.
They provide different kinds of support. The first is a primary reinforcement to guarantee the resistance needed by the structure. Then, it is used as secondary reinforcement for its durability and aesthetic value.
And it provides adequate resistance with a limit in cracking and resistance in stress due to any effect like temperature change. Other times, it is used to support another group of steel bars to correct the position and locate their loads.
Most of the end-use of steel bars and rods define the manufacturing techniques. Hence, the performance of these bars always supersedes the requirement and expectations. At last, the stamp of approval plays a crucial role in the industry. Different types of strength tests were carried out to check bars’ worthiness and their suitability for the intended end-use.